Premier League: Tottenham comeback against City, Chelsea win

Dejan Kulusevski scored a late goal for Tottenham Hotspur in an intense Premier League match against Manchester City, ending in a thrilling 3-3 draw. Despite trailing at times, Spurs fought hard and deserved the point they earned at the Etihad Stadium.

Read More: Newcastle hold PSG, Dortmund in knockouts

The game swung back and forth throughout. Son-heung Min scored for both teams in the first nine minutes. Although City took the lead with a goal from Phil Foden, Spurs’ Giovani Lo Celso equalised with 20 minutes remaining.

City thought they had secured the win when substitute Jack Grealish scored in the 81st minute. However, Dejan Kulusevski’s header in the 90th minute ensured Spurs left with a draw. He hit the back of the net off the underside of the crossbar.

City’s third consecutive draw places them in third position after Liverpool’s thrilling 4-3 win against Fulham, trailing leaders Arsenal by three points. Spurs sit just three points behind City in fifth place but have climbed into the top five, surpassing Newcastle United.

Read More: Barca beat Atletico to climb third, Madrid stay on top

Meanwhile, Enzo Fernandez scored his first two goals in the Premier League, helping a 10-man Chelsea secure a thrilling 3-2 victory against Brighton & Hove Albion at Stamford Bridge.

This win marked Chelsea’s first home victory since August and pushed them up to 10th place in the league with 19 points. They trail Brighton by just three points in eighth position.

Fernandez put Chelsea in front on 17 minutes by heading in from a corner that Brighton couldn’t clear. Shortly after, Colwill scored his debut Chelsea goal, heading in from another corner.

Read More: Newcastle hold PSG, Dortmund in knockouts

Brighton fought back just before halftime when Buonanotte scored a fantastic goal from the right side. Chelsea’s situation worsened as their captain, Conor Gallagher, received a red card, leaving them with 10 players on the field.

Despite being a player down, Chelsea managed to score again in the second half from a penalty awarded through VAR review. Fernandez converted the penalty, securing a two-goal lead for Chelsea.

Brighton didn’t give up and scored a late header through Joao Pedro in added time. This set up an intense final few minutes. There was a brief drama involving a handball decision against Colwill, which initially awarded Brighton a penalty. However, after reviewing the play, the decision was overturned.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *